Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You sometimes can't fix what is broken....................

It was a very frustrating weekend in the ER, nothing seemed to go right.... the patients where not moving and who do they yell at?? Yes that's right the charge nurse, the one who wants to keep you in the ER for 12 hours, and the one who loves when there is no request for a bed after 8 hours......she also really loves those last minute respiratory viral panel that now places the patient in isolation after there 8 hour wait. Dont get me wrong, I love being in "charge", it is rewarding to see the other nurses have a good night at work, and it is nice to get in the car to go home and know that all went well the night before. As I have said before I love my co-workers, but lets face it it was a crappy weekend, and many times I just had to ask myself WTF is going on? I thought I was going to get the shit beat out of me by a crazy mom and grandma. I got a phone call while trying to releave some bodily waste, and was told I needed to get there now!! Only to find crazy ass people that wanted to yell at us and I know they also wanted to kick our asses!! I would have rather stayed on the toilet ( yes I know that is just wrong ).  The doctors don't care how long the patients have to wait, and the residents, well they move at the speed of a 1000 pound turtle most of the time.  But sometimes you cant fix what is broken our system is broken and I think I just need to suck it up, it is not going to change. I love my job, so I guess I will try to make the best of it, allthough a complete rewrite of the dumb way we do things would make life easier.........dream on.............
  

No comments: